Team Building Through Dance
Team Building Through Dance Series
How Will Dance Improve Your Business?
Sales managers and HR teams value our programs because of its longterm impact on the lives of their employees. They are more engaged at work, treat their colleagues better, and their performance increases, meaning that they improve how they sell to and serve customers.
What’s the Return on Investment?
- Improved communication between staff and management.
- Social time among employees increases effective communication patterns by 50%, impacting team performance (Harvard Business Review).
- Improved self confidence and body language.
- Putting your team in an unfamiliar task like ballroom dancing enables them to expand their comfort levels and build the overall confidence required in any sales or service job (Psychology Today).
- Build trust among employees.
- “Trust plays an essential role in the functioning of teams and the effectiveness of collaborations,” according to numerous studies and the (National Library of Medicine).
- Create a positive workplace.
- Movement releases feel-good hormones that trigger positive feelings. Unhappy workers cost the U.S. between $450 and $550 billion in lost productivity each year (Gallup).
- Increase thinking and decision making skills.
- Dancing integrates the kinesthetic, rational, musical, and emotional functions of our brain, further increasing your neural connectivity, which leads to better decision making (Stanford).
Why Team Building Through Dance?
When is the last time your staff had an opportunity to meet all of their colleagues? They may see each other, but they probably don’t know each others’ names, let alone shared in having fun with each other. We find that creating positive, cooperative experiences every few months creates a better work environment throughout the year.
How does my Team benefit?
- They have fun together and become closer.
- Music selection is tailored to each group so it appeals to various people.
- They learn to treat others as equals and build a collaborative relationship quickly.
- They learn to value the roles others’ play in their work and see themselves as members of a team.
- They become better listeners, despite their role- a boss, a manager, a client, or a colleague.
- Brings salespeople and managers together. They get to know each other in a positive way and build trust. They enter meetings differently.
- Employees’ outlooks become more positive at work.
What if my Team doesn’t know how to dance?
Our program was created to help people improve their work performance by learning something they have never done before. It’s new, scary and out of their comfort zone. That’s the point. It puts them in a position where they must work together and have a memorable, shared experience, without any pressure to do it well. You just need to make sure they show up, we will make sure they learn and enjoy themselves right from the start!
What are other benefits of Dancing?
- Lower stress levels.
- Increased overall confidence.
- Increased performance at work.
Who will be teaching the Series?
All classes are taught by Grigol Kranz, a champion ballroom dancer and fitness instructor. He’s been a competitive ballroom dancer for many years, competing across Europe and the United States. He began bringing his classes into the corporate world when his personal clients began seeing the benefits of dancing transfer into their work performance. He understands group dynamics well, can quickly assess and adjust to any group, and can teach any age group and skill level, skills he has developed throughout his career, having taught over 1000s of people.
What do people say?
“We have worked with Mr. Kranz for the last 3 years for our signature event Triunfo Gala”
-Maria S. Antuña. CEO of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County.
- Create a positive workplace
- Increase thinking and decision making skills
- Improves self confidence and body language
- Build trust among employees
- Dancing isn’t just about the steps and music. It’s a perfect combination of physical activity, social interaction and mental stimulation.
- Dancing enhances life in so many ways: Health, Confidence, Self-Expression, Social, Relaxation and Fun.
- Employees’ outlooks become more positive at work
- They have fun together and become closer
- Music selection is tailored to each group so it appeals to various people
- They learn to treat others as equals and build a collaborative relationship quickly
- They learn to value the roles others’ play in their work and see themselves as members of a team
- They become better listeners, despite their role- a boss, a manager, a client, or a colleague
- Brings salespeople and managers together. They get to know each other in a positive way and build trust. They enter meetings differently
Artwork: Andy Gilmore, Chromatic, 2010, digital drawing If you were looking for teams to rig for success, a call center would be a good place to start. The skills required for call center work are easy to identify and hire for. The tasks involved are clear-cut and...
Why swinging your body lifts your spirit By Lane Anderson, published July 1, 2010 - last reviewed on June 9, 2016 In a study at the University of Derby, depressed patients given salsa dancing lessons improved their moods significantly by the end of the nine-week,...
Employee Engagement Insights for U.S. Business Leaders The State of the American Workplace: Employee Engagement Insights for U.S. Business Leaders report highlights findings from Gallup's ongoing study of the American workplace from 2010 through 2012. This latest...